by Patrick Ramsay
The importance of having auto insurance when you’re behind the wheel of a regular vehicle is important. That’s something you learn before you can drive, but what happens when you get behind the wheel of something bigger like a limousine?
You’re going to take that dire need for coverage and stretch it from bumper to bumper. When you’re shopping for limousine coverage there are several important factors to consider. Because you’re business involves the transportation of people in your limo, you need coverage for passengers and your risk for a liability claim. Here are some types of coverage you may need:
- Personal Injury limousine insurance: Personal injury limousine insurance will cover the costs of accidents where injuries occur involving your limousine. This coverage can include, medical and rehabilitation bills, lost wages, and funeral costs.
- Collision and comprehensive coverage: This is a basic straight-forward coverage that will cover the cost if there is an accident. Comprehensive coverage will cover the cost of theft, fire, vandalism and many other types of damages.
- Uninsured and underinsured coverage: This provides coverage if you’re in an accident and the other driver is at fault but does not have sufficient coverage to pay the costs. This type of coverage is required in many states.
- Employment practices liability: In the case of your company being accused of sexual harassment, wrongful termination, or discrimination, this is the type of coverage that will protect your business.
- Property damage liability: Property damage liability, you guessed it, covers any property damage that you or your drivers cause while on the job. This coverage goes towards legal fees up to the limits of your policy if you’re taken to court.
Riding in a limousine can be a novelty, but running a successful limousine company is a serious matter. It’s important to ensure your company and your drivers are properly covered. Request a free quote from insureCAL today!