If you’re anything like me, you’ll do whatever it takes to save money. Which is smart, it is always good to have savings for a rainy day. However, there’s one thing many people are waiting to buy, and it could really cost you. Below you will find reasons you should not delay purchasing life insurance:
1. The younger you are, the cheaper it is. Life insurance uses mortality tables based on age to determine your rate. Every year you wait, you’re just making your future premiums more expensive.
2. Get it now while you’re healthy. Preexisting conditions can make life insurance expensive, but if you get the policy while you’re still healthy you’ll be happy with how little you have to pay for peace of mind.
3. The future is unpredictable! If you had complete control of everything, life insurance would be useless, but that just isn’t the case. In this uncertain world life insurance might be the only thing able to take care of your family and final expenses if something awful were to happen.
4. It’s better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. I’ve never met a family who used life insurance and then wished they didn’t have it. It’s similar to auto insurance; you buy it, and hope you never need it.
5. It will accrue more interest than any savings account or bond you might purchase. If you get it when you’re young it could easily become your retirement! Why keep your money in the bank where it won’t grow more than a few dollars?
“It’s better to be a few days early than a day late.”
Author: Colbie McRae
In February of 2015, I started insureCAL Insurance Agency from scratch. Now in our 2nd year, we will have 5 licensed agents and an awesome partnership with a number of great insurance carriers. insureCAL’s main focus is the agriculture industry, it’s what all of us grew up knowing and loving.