Remodel, Flipping, or Vacant Home Insurance

Do you have a vacant house or vacant property? This could be because you are doing an extensive remodel or you are an investor who purchased the property as an investment and plan to resell the property.  A standard rental or homeowners insurance policy has exclusions built into them. These exclusions are specific to if a house is being unoccupied or is vacant. In other words, if no one is living at the property a claim that would normally be covered, is not going to be covered. So what are your options? You have a number of different options available but most common would be either a Builders Renovation or a Vacant Building policy. The Vacant Building policy will still cover smaller renovations being done, i.e. paint, carpet, flooring. The Builders Renovation policy is more for larger renovations or structural work, i.e. foundation, expanding, removing walls, adding walls.


If you are interested in getting more information or a quick proposal put together for your risk:  

Author: Colbie McRae

In February of 2015, I started insureCAL Insurance Agency from scratch. Now in our 2nd year, we will have 5 licensed agents and an awesome partnership with a number of great insurance carriers. insureCAL’s main focus is the agriculture industry, it’s what all of us grew up knowing and loving.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *